It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to put a post like this together, so the fact that I have time to sit down and write this is making me happy!
First off, it’s rainy season finally here in Vegas. Every year since I can remember late July and early August means rain in the desert.
The desert rain also has such a unique smell-fresh and clean, I think it’s because of the Creosote bush that covers most of the land here.
Here are the other things bringing joy, in no particular order:
- This article on the Kitchn’s website…24 Things to Do with Friends Besides Hitting a Bar: Just a nice reminder of all the different things to spend time doing that don’t involve alcohol…
- Milk Street Radio: This podcast is a perfect summer listen. Engaged, thoughtful, well curated and well rounded, it takes on so many different issues surrounding food and has a rotating cast of guests.
- The Tiny Buddha website: Whenever I’m feeling cranky I just pull this up, do a bit of reading, and viola, feeling MUCH better!
- Break Up with Alcohol: Not only is their instagram calming and dreamy, I love all the resources they’ve taken the time to put together for sober folk.
- 5 places to get a cup of tea in Vegas: Love this article that Las Vegas Weekly put together a few months ago!
Just a short entry today–trying to get back in the habit of writing more after the past two months of unreliability. 😉